Monday, January 19, 2009

My winter coat is super COMF !!!


Tonight Whitney said she is overwhelmed by The City and I totally get that. There are lots of things you have to learn when you are new to NY (i.e. subways, where to not get murdered, how to street dance). I feel like LA is easier on newcomers. Do you think that is true? As long as you can read a map, you can drive yourself wherever you need to go and not have to worry about subway station closures or delays or snowstorms. You don’t have to rely on others to get where you need to go.

I feel like The City is mocking me with all their sunny shots of beautiful late summer/early fall weather. I wish I had been here for that. I want it to snow on Whitney as she walks half a mile to her Brooklyn office. (See pic above for today’s snowy view from our new office!)

I am glad to see that Whitney is still wearing happy LA colors. I was on the train with red boots and a purple polka dot scarf and I felt a little like a clown next to all these girls in all black. BORING and DEPRESSING. I’m not giving in to the all black thing.

Final thought - Did that friend of Olivia’s say his shoes were “super comf” ? I will start incorporating this new word into my vocabulary tomorrow.

Today was our first day in the Brooklyn production offices. It’s a cool space with a dance studio feel which makes me want to pop n lock ALL the time. There is a mini fridge full of Diet Coke which makes the 45 minute commute worth it.

I will try to not let a whole week go by before I post again. . .

2 comments:

  1. Come visit the Upper East Side where things are always funny & sunny & warm & bright. Where your friends are! They have vodka & wine & beer with orange slices (yuck) & burgers & fries. Oh my! They promise to wear something full of color and light - you just have to climb 4 flights. Where Diet Coke flows from the tap and purple unicorns will guide your way back. Or! We could take the train together! In a car with all smiles. We'll murder all frowners as we walk through the aisles.

    The UES is for you! Just 8 short stops away on the Sad Train...er, we mean the 4, 5 & 6 Trains. Call now and we can schedule your first plastic surgery upon arrival!

    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete